"I still don't know why Dauda slapped me" actress Uche Obodo | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Wednesday 8 December 2010

"I still don't know why Dauda slapped me" actress Uche Obodo

Uche Ogbodo
Actress Uche Ogbodo, was recently assaulted by comic actor, Kingsley Ogbonna, popularly known as Dauda on the set of their new movie, Temptations. Here she explains what transpired between them on the day of the alleged assault.


Dauda (Kingsley Ogbonna) with Aki




"I don't know how to begin the story. Dauda took me by surprise. I wasn't expecting the slap from him. He approached me about a movie called Temptations. I was to play the lead. He said he needed me to help him, though he couldn't pay me as much as I collect right now as one of the best in comedy movies now. So he paid and I started the job. I was actually coming from my home. I would drive from my house (Fagba-Ogba) to surulere. And I was stuck most of the time in traffic. I tried my best, thinking I was doing a colleague a favour. But most times he wouldn't understand. I was getting home around 1.00am, only to resume shooting before 10.00 am the following day. So I didn't misbehave. But he would be complaining. On the fateful day he slapped me, we had almost finished the job. There was just about two or four scenes left. Meanwhile I had been wearing my hair from a production I was doing somewhere in Festac to his set. After shooting the two scenes that day, I asked the continuity man and the costumier whether we were through and they said yes. With this information, I went to the salon nearby to remove the hair. After I removed the hair, I went back to location and shot another scene without my hair because it was a night scene. After the scene I asked them if I could go home since the scenes had finished but Dauda said it wasn't over, it remained one. I was surprised because I knew i was through with the job. I asked which one and he went and brought one linking continuity to a scene I had previously shot. This was a scene they said they were yanking off initially. I told them my hair was gone. 
When I went to change my costume I overheard them saying I knew the job was still going on when I removed my hair. I was sitting inside when the continuity guy came in and told me we had to shoot the scene. I agreed, but told him that they should get me a scarf. He said I must fix the hair back. I was shocked by the guy's effrontery. I don't know his name and I don't care about his name. At this point, Dauda, entered and asked me to come out. I refused. It was when the director, Andy Chukwu, called me that I stood up and went out to explain things to him. It was there Dauda slapped me. And almost pushed me into a gutter. I wept after the assault and carried the mark on my face for some days. I haven't reported the case to the police yet, I only reported to AGN president, Segun Arinze, who told me to hold on." Uche Ogbodo said to Uche Olehi of Encomium Mag

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why do men think it is proper to slap a woman.Too many animals in that country of ours

Ade_Cool said...

should have sued his a.zzz

9jaLife said...

Dauda and Saidi Balogun are obviously BFFs... They need to do a movie together...

As for this lady, someone assaults her and she calls the president of the Actors Association?

Well, obviously, it wasn't that serious, cause if it was, she would have called the cops...

But back to Dauda, I hope she got her boys to teach him a lesson in manners, 'nuff said...

Pinkella said...

Those mad dogs in Nigeria called men. Slapping and treating women like animals. Hisssss....but come, Uche ya brishhing cream no get part 2 o, wetin u dey mix? millilo and tura plus movate??...easy baby..easy! you don turn pink o...Jesu!

Anonymous said...

THAT GUY IS AN ANIMAL IN HUMAN CLOTHING.MAKE U AN TELL MAKE E COME AMERICA COME DO THAT ANIMALISTIC BEHAVIOR AND SEE IF E NOR GO TO JAIL.

Anonymous said...

She should sue that dwarfs ass infact she shouldn't have reported the case to AGN but the Police. Why would you assault a known actress, not even a waka pass as they call it jeeze i swear this Uche is not as fierce as i thought, i would have called my boyfriend or my brothers straight to his house and slap that his mgbeke wife so hard she' d forget she ever got married to the stupid Dauda. Who is Dauda self....Uche might not be an A class actress but she's well known. Linda i think its high time you wrote an article about men assaulting women to educate unexposed Nigerian men, its just unacceptable yikessssssss!!!
Any of those stupid untrained director of dauda's type should try that with Omotola (Infact who born them, all they do is to kneel and beg that one everytime)

Alabi Oluwasegun Leo said...

From the multitude of a man's heart...

Anonymous said...

Men should try as much as possible to imbibe good character in dealing with women no matter the provocative words being uttering by them.Beating or Slapping is not the solution to any problems aggravating btw the 2 parties,it sounds so ridiculous to be a victim of this act despite the fact that im a man as well.

Anonymous said...

What arrant nonsense!

This is very unprofessional!

whatever his grievances, dialogue should be the best solution.

He should be fined heavily by the association & tender a letter of apology to her!

N.I.L (Naijamum in London) said...

A man slapped you and you are reporting him to AGN president?
Is that really the best way to take charge of the situation? *sigh*

PennyGate said...

What Nonsense...i have never liked this ugly looking, uninteresting, unprofessional and uncivilized Dauda or what ever they call him.
I wonder what the AGN is doing about this...instead of Uche to report to the police and teach this "Thing" a lesson he will forever live to remember.HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Anonymous said...

Uche lemmie teach you how it is done, walk down to stadium bus-stop, there are some guys sitting there jobless, pick up a couple of them, give them 20k and tell them u want to treat somebody's fcuk up! Next time he'll know how not to slap!

Recent Posts