Rihanna Sheds Light on her Break-up with Chris Brown | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Wednesday 27 October 2010

Rihanna Sheds Light on her Break-up with Chris Brown

In the next issue of Marie Claire, Rihanna dishes on getting over her broken heart, getting on with her life and not having to fake her smiles.

Rihanna tells Marie Claire,

“God has a crazy way of working, and sometimes when stuff happens you feel like, ‘What did I do to deserve this?’ Why was it backfiring on me?’ But I needed that wake-up call in my life. I needed a turning point, and that’s what God was giving to me.”

"All this terrible stuff they say to you, it breaks you down,” she says. “[But] once you’re back on your feet — if you ever make it back on your feet — that’s the ultimate achievement.”

“I remember I was in New York at the Trump Hotel and I woke up and I just knew I was over it. It was a different day. I felt different. I didn’t feel lonely,” she recalls. “I felt like I wanted to get up and be in the world. That was a great, great feeling.”

“I feel like I smile for real this time. The smiles come from inside, and it exudes in everything I do,” she says. “People feel my energy is different. When I smile they can tell that it’s pure bliss and not just a cover up.”

9 comments:

Femiluv said...

Is shes till on about that. Can't she let it go already? I guess that's the only way she can stay relevant these days...

Fran said...

I'm happy she's happy. It must have be really hard on her having to deal with this with the entire world and press watching...

I also hope Chris has learnt from this and never does that to a woman again...

I wish them both God's Blessings and guidance xxx

doll (retired blogger) said...

i have been a victim of relationship violence, she is a strong woman, it takes a strong woman to deal with this

Anonymous said...

i am so freaking tired of this rihana chris brown saga you know what she has benefited so much from this incident. can we please move on girlfreind. ok. this is been over 2 yrs. I think she still have an hangover on that boy. pls move on with your freaking albums and dont be trying to promote yourself with that whole mess. sh... give me a break.

Anonymous said...

abeggy...Rihanna we hear u...now let it go.....its almost a year now or over sef.....what more do u want?......

Unknown said...

This to me is liking flogging a dead horse..abeg move on, Chris Brown has definitely moved on.. Deuces Jare.
lol....

skankmypeaceofmind said...

she and brown have two choices; either to be together or forget each other.
every freaking day they keep talking about the same thing. what is it?
are they trying to tell us how miserable they made each other feel or how miserable they are without each other?

i wonder.

Fashion,Love and Life said...

This is getting silly now. For goodness sake the relationship is over. She's with someone else now. She needs to stop trying to score publicity points. It's pathetic. There are people out there who are going through worse types of domestic violence.

. said...

ON TO THE NEXT

Recent Posts