My Calabar Carnival Experience | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Wednesday 30 December 2009

My Calabar Carnival Experience

I was invited to Calabar by members of the Carnival Calabar organising committee as a Judge for the main Carnival which took place on Sunday Dec 27th 2009 in Calabar, Cross River State. There were 37 judges in all, drawn from various states of the country and from different professions. There was an ex University Vice Chancellor, professors, lecturers, lawyers, journalists, art enthusiasts etc. And I was amongst them...I feel too honoured.

It was my first time in the State and I had the most amazing time.















At the stadium with Kevin (BB 4 winner) and other carnival judges and friends

MI and a few other Nigerian artistes performed at the Stadium on Saturday Dec 26th but I was only able to catch MI's show which was incredible. He performed with Ice Prince and Kevin, BB4 winner.

I took some pictures with my camera...very amateurish but enjoy...:-)  



Governors of Cross River State and Rivers State arriving the carnival. We shared thesame boot so I was able to take close up pix of them.


Miss Carnival Calabar 2009 who sat directly behind me...


We shared same tent with Gov of Cross River State, Liyel Imoke...who came before the carnival started to make sure everything was in place and also to greet the judges...:-)




Meeting with other Calabar carnival judges a day before the carnival


At the hotel with two other judges and a friend of the house. Wearing black is El Nathan (A lawyer from Abuja - a judge ). A little behind me is Kaseem (a BBC reporter - a judge) and Bill Uko.

I took over 500 pictures of the carnival...will upload more for you guys to see, especially pictures from the carnival itself...back later.
Hope you all are having a fab time...
Catch you later...
Kisses

17 comments:

nduyeobong akpan said...

i missed it ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh.had things doing though i was in akwa ibom.hope you had a nice time.waiting for the pics..

Samantha said...

Linda I looooooove u babe....but that hair has 2 gooooooooooooooo...Pls do no enter 2010 with that outlandish hairstyle...I take God beg u....and wat colour of hair is that??...my darl pls dnt try it again plssssssssss..Hope u had fun in Cal...mwaaaah

Anonymous said...

Excuse me o, Why are you always wearing black? Dem carry am swear for you??

Anonymous said...

Welcome back Linda. I've been checking up your blog all hols for updates. So glad to get these pics from the Calabar Carnival. Linda u rock!!!

dave said...

Nice hair ... Don't listen to Samantha. She's a girl and I'm a guy. I know what guys like

Myne said...

I love the pics, great and congrats to you Linda. Happy new year in advance...

wienna said...

Hmmm...that El Nathan guy is CUTE. Just how i love my men, dark, chocolatey & sexy. Looks like you really had a wonderful time. Hope to visit that state when i come to naija sha.

Admin said...

yeah nice one ,but one quick question,what are you judging?

Anonymous said...

from another "black" lover...

some of us just really luv black outfits..aint nothing wrong with dat...abeg let linda be..
i wear what i'm most comfortable in and that is what matters...my sense of style is what it is .."MINE".....and linda's sense of style is "HERS"...

for me, i consciously decided to add some colour cos i found out whenever i went shopping , i only gravitated towards black...dat being said..linda dear,u could
incorporate some colour into your wardrobe IF U FEEL D NEED...

good to see u had fun in calabar!

HAPPY NEW YEAR IN ADVANCE!!!

Anonymous said...

WELCOME LINDA HOPE U ENJOYED EVERY BIT OF IT............SEEN KEVIN AND MI ON STAGE MAKE ME FEEL ELATED.THAT HAS ALWAYS BEEN KEVIN'SDREAM...........SWAGGAR BOY

Anonymous said...

@ANONYMOUS 9.21

ALONE.......WHATEVER COLOUR SHE WEARS
LET HER BE.........ITS A FREE WORLD.SHE CREATED TIME TO START DIS NICE BLOG ALL U DO IS TALKING ABOUT HER DRESSES,HAIR ETC........PLEASE GIVE HER A BREAK.
WHAT U CANT TAKE DONT GIVE IT TO OTHERS TO SWALLOW.

HAPPI NEW YEAR.............MIMI

Anonymous said...

abi oh.. linda, i beg, nor enter 2010 with that hair biko. its just not werking for you.

that aside, more updates pls. kept checking ur blog like six times a day hoping u'd have updated. i guess im addicted to it?? hmmmm..

anyway, happy new year babes

oc said...

hmmmm,so u where at calabar.....wow i did nt knw o...i was there 2..i had fun...calabar really rocks.!

Anonymous said...

damn--that dirty loking weave AGAIN!!!!!!!

Christian said...

Thank God Linda cause when i read yo are in Calabar,i became scared cause of high rate of kidnapping i that area....are u back to Lagos?

Anonymous said...

I think Linda wants to keep us talking by wearing black all the time. i see you are been hard headed about it, but maybe that's her signature. happy new yr.

Anonymous said...

I've been looking all over for this!

Thanks.

Recent Posts