I'm so sorry... | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Thursday 25 September 2008

I'm so sorry...

'Linda, you said it was your birthday, not that you were going on a vacation. Your blog has been static...GIVE ME A BREAK, UPDATE!!!'
lol
A text I got from an ardent reader of this blog. Some people are obsessed. lol Good thing tho.

So sorry for my absence...been meaning to let y'all know what's going on, but this week's been crazy.

I don't care how busy or tired I am, I always find time to blog, so that's not the reason. What happened was on Sunday when I tried to charge my laptop, I heard this loud noise and smoke started coming out from the sucket. (Power upsurge? surge? or whatever you guys call it). All I know is that the freaking thing spoilt my laptop charger. So I basically can't charge and I really haven't had time to do anything about it until now. I'm hoping to get a new one in a couple of days.

I haven't been on the internet since Sunday, but after numerous phone calls and text messages, I had to find a way to let y'all know what's going on. (I'm actually at a cyber cafe close to my office...)

Will get back to regular blogging in a couple of days...

Moving on, let me officially say that my last birthday was my best ever. They threw a surprise party for me at the office. I knew those guys were up to something, but nothing like what I saw. There was lots of food, drinks, birthday cakes, gifts, even red carpet sef...lol. They invited some of my models, designers, photographers, my closest friends, even Denrele Edun was in on the surprise. Will let y'all see the pix as soon as I sort this charger wahala.

I feel so loved and well appreciated. Plus all the love I got on this blog and Facebook. It's been so overwhelming. Didn't know that many people know or appreciate me.

Wow! Thanks for all the love people. It feels so great to be me right now. I'm feeling so loved.
Another thing, Virgin Nigeria has officially changed their uniforms (pilot, air hostesses, ground staff etc)...they unveiled the new ones designed by Ade Bakare and modeled by my models, yesterday at Jade Palace, V/I. It was a beautiful show, hope I can get pictures for y'all to see later.
And for those wondering about the magazine, I gave it to the printers a week after Style Night 4, in August, and they still haven't delivered it to me. lol...it's not funny but it's better than crying.

On a sad note, I'm sure y'all have heard of the passing of Uncle Yinka Criag...may his beautiful soul rest in peace. Will do a special tribute when I have my computer back.

I gotta to go, just thought to let y'all know that I'm HHH, hale, hearty and happy.

See y'all later and thanks for all the love.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

GLAD GLAD SOME1 HAD FU oo!! N WAS SUCCESSFULLY SNATCHED AWAY FRM WORK 4 SOME LIL FUN..rily glad u enjoyed ur bash!!hope u r doin grt8 by d way tried ringin u gurl ,sup wif ur fone?anywaz u kip it real n always remeber U R LOVED!!

BECKS

Yewande Atanda said...

welcome back. i'm sure u're yet to recover from the grooving.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...welcome back to the real world Linda..(i sent u that text)...

Na Wa for you oh...I dont believe you... i think you wanted us to be stuck with your birthday page until it grinds in our memory so we dont forget next year...lol

Anyways, its great to have staff that love u. Me eh..when i become a boss i'll be like the lady in "THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA" i'm sure u've seen that movie...

Congrats on everything..maybe if ur models would become air hostesses with Virgin, i might change my airline...nothing better than been miles above land with beautiful people....thats why Omotola married in the air....

Missed ya

Kemberly said...

hey Linda! Glad to have you back (even tho it's temporary-until u get ur charger back). I'm also glad u had a fab b-day. Birthday's are always nice...can't wait to see the new Virgin Nigeria uniforms!

Take care! and come back soon. (p.s...is ur laptop a Mac? Cos those things have a reputation for doing that)

Anonymous said...

U welcome babes, yea we missed u, try and get a new charger cos we cant wait...luv ya!

ecHe said...

Diva! so good to have you back! I have been itching to see what you put up next and am glad you are back. Anyway i didn't hear of Uncle Yinka {my punishment for not watching tv or listening to the radio}...may his soul rest in perfect peace.

...A food for thought...what would you have said to the smartest guy who told you years ago that he would become your husband, on account that he see a bright future together with you?

...well this is just to let you know that above having you as a professional partner and friend, i admire you as a persona nd think the world of you? I will always admire and respect the person that you are...with lots of tots, from H.
..ps: echeonwugbenu.blogspot.com

For the love of me said...

Yinka Craig was a good man. May God be with his family at this time and may his soul rest in peace.
Good to hear you had a good party. You deserve the best.

Anonymous said...

Hey Linda. Glad you're back. Can't wait for you to return to regular blogging

Wild Boy said...

Hi everybady....please feel free to look up wildboy's blogger on www.yemiwilde.blogspot.com and say what u think

busybee said...

glad to have u back Linda, good thing u enjoyed ur bday, many happy returns!! Have a good wknd!

http://musingsofanaijagirl.blogspot.com/

Recent Posts