Baileys! + Naija Entertainment gist | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Monday 26 November 2007

Baileys! + Naija Entertainment gist

Been MIA since Thursday! Very unusual of me. Sorry you guys, just had a million and one things to do this weekend. Most of the time I was working but I got invited to a party yesterday by my sis, Vera.

One thing I can say for sure about my sis is that she knows how to catch her groove. Me, I have no social life...I hardly go out...which isn't nice abi?

So I got invited to this party. I wasn’t going to go initially 'cos for some boring reason, I’m not a party person. I have all this invitation cards to events and they're just lying around in my office. But I have decided to start attending some of these events from next year. It’s probably good for the kind of business I’m into.

Anyway, I got convinced to go to the party when Vera asked me to bring some copies of my mag along. Some of her friends wanted to see and buy. I took 10 copies along, I went home with about 28grand. God bless Vera's friends. lol!

Anyway, so I got to this party with my hot model/designer friend Tunji and this is where the story begins.

Now I'm not drinker. I hate anything that has alcohol in it. I'm a strictly soda person. I don't even like wine...whatever colour it is...except...maybe fruit wine. I don't like champagne... I abhor spirits...but baileys, baileys, baileys...God forgive me! lol

If you want to kill me, lace my ice cream with rat poison...you can even tell me about it, and I'll still take the ice cream. That's how much I love ice cream... and baileys tastes so much like ice cream, right? (Ice cream. Irish cream...get it? lol) It has alcohol in it I know, but doesn't the taste just make you forget that?

Vera gave me a glass filled with baileys...with ice in it...lord have mercy. I know there's alcohol in it...but for about three hours (how long it took me to finish it) I didn't care...

...Until my phone rang at about 9:30 pm and my dad said something like 'get your ass home right this minute'...or something like that. I tried getting up and the whole room span around and around. I don't have a head for alcohol. Thank God I didn't take another glass. I doubt if I would have been able to drive myself home!

The smartest person in the world is that someone who invented baileys! Mix sweet and sour...and get people like me...to drink!

Anyway, I had me a fabulous weekend...hope you did too?

Last week I got three models who agreed to pose in bikini's for the third edition of my magazine. I actually thought I'd find it difficult to find girls to go semi nude. We are getting more advanced in Naija, thank God for that!

I did bikini in my time. 2000 edition of Silverbird International fashion show. The American choreographer, Juliet haggermann, had only three bikini's to display (there were 15 models) and she wanted the three best bikini bodies to wear them. She choose Blessing Ibiang (the girl on the mag 2nd cover), another model called Linda, and moi...wink! I used to be hot back then abeg. lol

So, I came on stage wearing nothing but a very scanty bikini...only thing was...it was shown live on TV...NTA I think. We were modeling in bikini in front of OBJ, other African heads of state, ministers, governors, the then Miss World, Yuktah Mukhi...

...and my mum was watching at home.

My father said the look on her face when I came out on stage...in bikini...was a Kodak moment. lol

My mum is a member of christian mothers in my church...get where I'm going? She had an ear full when she went to Church the next day. When I got back from that trip, she didn't talk to me for like 2 days lol!

I remember those days...

Like Bryan Adams sang, 'those were the best days of my life'

...the best-est is yet to come lol!

I feel like I'm just blabbing...right? I don't know...I'm just feeling really happy at this point in my life...

The only thing missing now is YOU! Come home soon!

Ok, let me see what Naija entertainment gist I have for y'all

Let me start with something religious.

The Experience
Date: 30th Nov, Venue: Tafawa Balewa Square, Time:8pm till dawn
Featuring: TD Jakes, Cece Winans, Tye Tribbett, Mike Aremu, Paul Adefarasin, Lionel Peterson, Muyiwa Olanrewaju, Marvin Winans, Don Moen, Kurt Carr and Asu Ekiye.

I've never attended any of these events but I would love to go to this one. If there's anyone going, pls hola at me, so I can come with you. I'm serious! I want to meet T D Jakes! Just don't wanna go alone.

Chude wins NMMA
Also our own Chude Jideonwu won the Nigerian Media Merit Awards, hosted by the Osun State Government on the 17th of November 2007. The RedSTRAT Creative Director, Chude, was named the Entertainment Journalist of the Year, for selected copies in market leader, True Love West Africa.

The youngest recipient of the 2007 NMMA, at 22, Jideonwo, who also got called to the Nigerian bar just two days before the awards, is a prominent freelance writer whose by-lines can be found in Time Out, Made, Farafina. Thisday, The Guardian amongst others.

They say Basket Mouth is getting ready to say I do to his sweetheart, come early next year...don't know if it's true o...Encomium mag said it.

I will be back with more Naija gist...I gotta run! Be back soon!

21 comments:

Ms. emmotions said...

yes linda do come back cos u really have not loaded us with niga entertainment gist.

welldone ! though

Unknown said...

yipee am 1st.hey linda,i love ur blog but more ur personality.u r smart,creative,independent,enterprising(have ur own mag),courageous,funny and its all reflected in ur blog.believe me,u don't know the inspiration u've given someone like me.and bout the baileys- no sane person shud reject one.its just sooooooooooooooo....tempting and worth the temptation.ciao

Anonymous said...

yipee am 1st.hey linda,i love ur blog but more ur personality.u r smart,creative,independent,enterprising(have ur own mag),courageous,funny and its all reflected in ur blog.believe me,u don't know the inspiration u've given someone like me.and bout the baileys- no sane person shud reject one.its just sooooooooooooooo....tempting and worth the temptation.ciao

Anonymous said...

BASKEATMOUTH has a girlfriend, and is getting married soon..........ewoooo...It can't be true..............who's is the chick?.......

Anonymous said...

Linda,

By the grace of God i will be @

the EXPERIENCE.

The greatest gift from God to man

is His Son Jesus Christ(Salvation).

Omo.

Anonymous said...

It's funny that you're thanking God for girls who agree to pose semi-nude in your mag. Wonders shall never cease.

SassyCassie

Adiba said...

LOL...modelling bikini's infront of OBJ...ain't that some shit

Mimi said...

hiiiiiii darling!! how are you? how is work?

lol, men ur like me oh. i dont have head for alchohol at alllll!!
i drank this nigerian fruit juice that was laced with alcohol, cant actually remember the name, its been like 4 years now, and i was tipsy!! they had to lock me up in a room, i should blog about this soon. lol.

EKENYERENGOZI Michael Chima said...

This is a very long post and not a boring moment.

Linda,
may I ask you to highlight Nicole Kidman's Say No To Violence Against Women, in your magazine and blog and let the UNIFEM office in Nigeria know about what you are doing to uplift the international profile of the Nigerian woman.

“I am committed to educating myself further by travelling with Noeleen to meet with women, hear their stories and understand first-hand the issues they face. ... I am especially interested in helping to give visibility to the pandemic of violence against women. UNIFEM manages a UN Trust Fund to End Violence against Women, and as I travel, I will be visiting many of the projects to see the effective strategies that have been put in place.”
Nicole Kidman

Give my best regards to YOU.

Anonymous said...

lol linda so nigeria is getting advanced because girls now want to go semi nude???? the mind boggles

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhhhh Lin lin, come and finish this gist na na hmm... i dey wait u o!

Anonymous said...

Haba Linda, you are still hot now. Why are you talking in the past? BTW are you serious about "you know what" *wink*? I thought that was why you were MIA. Did you get my text? Oya make we gist for phone. I gat loadsa questions for ya.

Take care babe.

Your moimoi loving friend in London from Fegocal forum (lol).

Anonymous said...

sup linda.You can come with me to the experience but im gonna get there kinda early. Maybe i could get a VIP pass for you,i'd confirm that tomorrow.Meanwhile we are sisters cos we went to same almamater and we were same set but i was in purple(science) class.
Well done-great job you doing here

EKENYERENGOZI Michael Chima said...

Hi Linda,

This an Orikinla's exclusive post on the Black Enterprise Magazine Hotlist of the 200 Most Powerful African Americans Under 40 and two young Nigerians made the list. The first Nigrerian, Chinedu Echerou is Igbo and the second Kehinde Wiley is of course. Yoruba.

http://kissesandroses.blogspot.com

Business Idea:
Do a similar cover story on FM&B Hotlist of the Most Powerful Nigerian Achievers Under 40.
Please, real achievers and not 419 or political looters.

EKENYERENGOZI Michael Chima said...

N.B:
If you got the first post, then delete the following.

Hi Linda,

This an Orikinla's exclusive post on the Black Enterprise Magazine Hotlist of the 200 Most Powerful African Americans Under 40 and two young Nigerians made the list. The first Nigrerian, Chinedu Echerou is Igbo and the second Kehinde Wiley is of course. Yoruba.

http://kissesandroses.blogspot.com

Business Idea:
Do a similar cover story on FM&B Hotlist of the Most Powerful Nigerian Achievers Under 40.
Please, real achievers and not 419 or political looters.

Anonymous said...

awwww arent you the sweetest! thanks a lot babes..

Anonymous said...

Chei, now i have to buy baileys on my way home. This no good o! You just dey make me spend money wey i no get.

lemonade factory said...

i smiled when i read this post,the one about u and ur mom bit,it was quite funny sha,no disrespect linda.huh and bayliss huh now i feel like getting me some,it taste sweet so u dont know when u ve had too much

TD JAKES, he is amazing and highly blessed he deals with real issues women go through i have read almost all his books ,try and see the woman thou art loosed movie very nice

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

you wouldn't really have poison laced ice cream, would you?

lol!

Nice post!

Linda Ikeji said...

@anon and sassycassie.Im doing an article on how to choose the best bikini for ur body type, so I was glad to find girls who were ready to illustrate...dont take it personal.
@mimi, my darling the last week has been hectic for me, but im doing real good.

Anonymous said...

hey linda,y is ur blog in french or is it my computer??i hardly know how to post.......................

Recent Posts