PERSONALITY: PHILIP EMEAGWALI | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Wednesday 2 May 2007

PERSONALITY: PHILIP EMEAGWALI

I've been getting several emails from people who visit my blog, talking non-stop about this great Nigerian scientist called proffessor Philip Emeagali. I must confess I'd never heard about this guy until now. I googled his name and was surprised at how much one Nigerian has contributed to the development of science in the world. Why has he never been mentioned by the Nigerian press? Or did I miss it? Anyway, I visited his website http://www.emeagwali.com/ and saw this...




*The Web owes much of its existence to Philip Emeagwali" - TIME magazine
*A father of the Internet" - CNN
*One of the great minds of the Information Age" - Bill Clinton
*Emeagwali Voted History's 35th Greatest African.
*Postage Stamps Honor Supercomputer Genius.
*Stamps issued to commemorate Philip Emeagwali.
*Oscar Winner Denzel Washington Asked to Star as Emeagwali
*Orations & Poems for Emeagwali by Bill Clinton and several spoken word artists.
*This is year #5 that Emeagwali been ranked #1 Ranked #1 in computing (Coming in June '07)
*CNN Calls Emeagwali: A FATHER OF THE INTERNET




This is so amazing. Those of you who have more info on this genius please share your knowledge with us...

BTW, I must say here that I'm very sad about Jodie's departure from Idol WA. I wonder what went wrong...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice Post Linda.
cheerz
heyma

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry but i'm not impressed with his site.

Anonymous said...

Thank for such exposure , all nigerians are into right now is anything fashion, and media based. We can be so fickle at times, if not most!!

Anonymous said...

tell us more about this guy

Belema said...

ITs a shame that NIgerians are more interested in the scandals and love life of Nollywood celebrities rather than bringing this Naija man's achievements to the forefront !!

Unknown said...

Philip Emeagwali,is an embodiment of a good nigerian.... supercomputer virtuoso, Internet prophet, civil-war survivor and African hero.U are my hero broda!

Anonymous said...

Maybe this website gives another way of looking at this "great" man.

http://elendureports.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=46&Itemid=33

Recent Posts