SET'S DILEMMA | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Friday 27 April 2007

SET'S DILEMMA

Hi guys, I am a passionate person. I like people in general and the ones I love and call loved ones and care about, I really do care and am protective of them. I am almost always brought to tears every time I see poverty in Africa on TV. I watched America Idols, 'Idol gives back' last night and I am still surprised, hurt and broken everytime I see poverty in Africa.

I have seen this stuff first hand, I am African, but fortunate one. I am still blown away man. I am hurt by it, I am kinda helpless and it hurts. I gave back and have been working with an Orphanage for about 8 yrs now in Liberia. I have done other work with other the less fortunate cases, but it is not enough, for I don't have a lot to give.

We all can give back in our simpliest ways and make a big difference in our community and Africa, but we don't. We could start with one person, pay an unfortunate child's school fees, Help a sick people in need of Malaria (# 1 killer in all of Africa) treatment at your local clinics.

There is always someone almost at death due to no money for treatment. Do this a few times a year, buy Mosquito nets, you will be surprised how much this will do. And the thing is that they are cheap ass treatments too. I am going to do something about this in my own way I will try, in God I will. You too guys can, it will make you a better person inside and out.

Ok, I am mad and have vented, So the question is: What will you do if your best friend, your sister or brother was about to date someone you have reservations/concerns about? Would you tell them your concerns before they start dating or wait until things goes wrong before you say what your reservations/concerns are?

Thanks Guys.

Sebah Tubman

Sebah Tubman needs needs your advice on this matter. Kindly share your thoughts with her.

4 comments:

Mommy said...

So the question is:
What will you do if your best friend, your sister or brother was about to date someone you have reservations/concerns about? Would you tell them your concerns before they start dating or wait until things goes wrong before you say what your reservations/concerns are?
My answer:
If I had reservations about someone my friend, sister, brother or anyone is about dating, I will tell her. If the person goes ahead, well I would not be blamed. Its not even about telling. The most important thing is that the person you are telling listens to you...and normally, the reverse is the case. I had premonitions about someone my very very very best friend was going to date and eventually marry. All my talk and advices went with the wind. After marrying this man, the real him began manifesting. Shame did not allow her to tell me until I heard it elsewhere. It hurt me so much for her but toh...wetin man for do? I am planning on giving her some 'Madea advice' lol. the long and short of my story is I think you should share your reservations. It might help.

SET said...

Thanks Linda for posting this for your bloggers to view.

SET said...

@ Mommy, thank you vey much. I say this if you think the issues concerning the person in quetion will disappear, think again it never disappears it is pending and will come out in due time. sometimes folks change but its best to espect the unespected too. and that is what happen to ur friend, she was embarrased to come back to u who was there b4 it all.

Anonymous said...

Let them learn the hard way. My small sister was a hardworking barely out of her teens bank manager in a top 10 school and everyone thought she was doing so well. I began having reservations about her when it seemed she was always dating the next hot thing in her office. Only this one acted like the cat bit his tongue.

We had been hearing little whispers about her being very boy friendly but I initially thought this was hater feed.
Anyway, I told her about the latest 'hot' one and she began going ghetto on me about her 'man'. End of the day she is pregnant and set to born a bastard.

My own don pari with her!

Recent Posts