PERSONALITY: EMEKA OKAFOR | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Tuesday 24 April 2007

PERSONALITY: EMEKA OKAFOR

Last night I was watching a basketball game between Miami Heats and Charlotte Bobcats. (oh yes I'm a big fan...I love the game).

After the game, one of the players from Charlotte was interviewed and then they put his name as Emeka Okafor. Emeka Okafor I thought? That's a Nigerian name. Before yesterday I'd never heard of this guy, didn't even know there were still some Nigerians in the NBA. Hakeem Olajuwon was the only Nigerian that I knew about. I'm sure there plenty others. I'll go digging.




I went digging to find out about him and this is what I found...

Name: Chukwuemeka Ndubuisi Okafor
Born: September 28, 1982, in Houston, Texas
Education: Attended Houston's Bellaire High School, and the University of Connecticut
Occupation: American professional basketball player playing at power forward and center for the Charlotte Bobcats of the National Basketball Association.
Status: Single
Orientation: Straight
Hometown: Houston, Texas
Height / Body type/: 6' 10" / Athletic
Weight: 255 lbs.


Ethnicity: Black / African descent
Religion: Christian - other
Zodiac Sign: Libra
Smoke / Drink: No / No
Children: Someday
Income: $250,000 and Higher
Degree: Bachelor's Degree
Major: Finance Major
Minor: Political Science
2007 Salary: $4, 300, 560

On April 16, 2004, he declared his eligibility for the 2004 NBA Draft, giving up his one remaining year of college athletic eligibility. On June 24, Okafor was selected second overall in the draft, becoming the first ever draft pick by the expansion Charlotte Bobcats.



He was also part of the United States team for the 2004 Summer Olympics, which finished with the bronze medal in Athens.




If I was 18 and lived in America, I'd go after this guy. He's soooo cute right?

Anyone have more info on him?

We all need to know Nigerians in Diaspora doing great things for themselves and making our country proud!

7 comments:

SET said...

Wow these guys are so big. Good for them in that they are doing extremely well in their games.

Anonymous said...

The space btw his hair line and eye brows is abit too much. Just my 2cents

Anonymous said...

D boy's quite cute sha. Of cos, why u no go enjoy watching d game when we all know now dat mr. F comes from a country wey dem dey worship d sport. lol

Unknown said...

Emeka is actually much more down to earth than I ever expected for a pro athlete. You can tell his parents whipped him into shape.

Anonymous said...

met him once in cleveland.very down to earth fellow

Anonymous said...

he's so cute.he married?

chidi said...

is this guy married??? never heard of him before but he is cute

Recent Posts