NIGERIAN MODELS NITE OUT! | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Monday 2 April 2007

NIGERIAN MODELS NITE OUT!


I got an invitation to attend this event just this morning. I'd actually never even heard of it before now. I did thank the organisers for inviting me but immediately they left my office, I gave the IV's to a colleague. Why? Because I don't understand the concept of models gathering at a Night Club every first Saturday of the month to party. What are we partying for? Shouldn't this time be utilized very well? Like finding ways to come together and see how we can create a better working environment for Nigerian models?
What are we doing partying when the Association Of Modelling Agencies Of Nigeria (AMAN) isn't functional anymore. There hasn't been a meeting in God knows how long.
Models arent well-paid, some are sexually harrassed, some modeling agents and advertising agents exploit models etc. Shouldn't we meet every Saturday of the month to address issues plaguing us and find ways to better the industry. Party my fine black arse.
By the way, the official opening of the much-awaited TINAPA is going on right now in the city of Calabar, Cross-River State. It's being shown live on NTA Network. I'll bring you details later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm....thanks for shedding light on d modelling issue. Didn't even know there's a modelling association in 9ja. Shouldn't d same thing be said about our film industry. They've got d actor's guild and so forth and still yet talented actors like Francis Agu, Funsho Alabi are still dying and ones like Wunmi, Uche Odoputa r doing dirty dealings. It's a shame really.

Unknown said...

I am a journalist based in London UK . I and few of my colleagues are lunching our own brand of an entertainmentmagazine (a lifestyle magazine) in September 2007) we plan to feature and promote african aspiring and established models,actors/actresses, celebrities, industrialists as well as those africans who have made it in their choosen field etc.. If you are one of the aforementioned pls , kindly contact our CEO/Publisher via this email: teejayok@gmail.com

We will arrange an interview with you and feature you on our cover glossy page.... Thanks.

Recent Posts